1. Call to Order - The meeting was called to order at 6:33 P.M.
2. Certify Quorum - The board members present were John Tenney, Ron Wiley, Dennis Horazak, Harold Engold, Bob Hopper and Cookie Symons, constituting a quorum. Absent was Myron Davis. Also present were Neighborhood Watch Coordinator Sandy Horazak, Manager Judith Meldrum and one homeowner.
3. Proof of Notice: Proof of notice was given.
4. Adoption of Agenda: Ron Wiley requested that two items be added to the agenda: 9 b. - Election of WLCA officers and 9c.- Proposed WLCA amendments: Article 17 and ARC changes. Dennis Horazak made a motion to approve the agenda with the two added items. John Tenney seconded and the motion carried unanimously.
5. Approval of Minutes: Harold Engold made a motion to accept the minutes as written. Cookie Symons seconded the motion and the motion was carried unanimously.
6. Reports of officers
A. Treasurer's Report - The board and manager reviewed the December 2009 financials and they were accepted.
It was noted that our attorney has been monitoring 848 Spring Island Way since June 2009 even though that property is in good standing with the Association, and has never been the subject of board discussions. The manager has directed the attorney not do any more work on this file and close it out since the owner does not owe anything to the Association. John Tenney made a motion stating that the board will not authorize any billable activity by attorneys unless sanctioned by the board at a meeting. Cookie seconded the motion and the motion carried unanimously. Ron reaffirmed a standing directive to make decisions regarding legal actions only at board meetings.
7. Committee Reports:
a. Architectural Review Committee: Harold Engold reported that there was one AR application approved since the last meeting, and that a neighborhood inspection was completed during the first week of January. Cookie Symons requested that the manager enter a violation in the file of 806 Spring Island Way for parking a commercial vehicle/rack truck in community, but to suspend it till further notice. John Tenney volunteered to speak to the owner. Cookie Symons and Harold Engold will attend the January 20th WLCA ARC meeting, and they volunteered to ask the WLCA ARC committee chair for assistance in convincing the owner at 707 Spring Island Way to remove their disapproved shed.
b. Grounds Maintenance Committee: Ron Wiley reported that there were no changes or problems in the common area landscaping.
c. COPS Committee: Harold Engold reported three hours of training, three hours of meetings, and six hours of patrolling during December ad January. Scott Symons patrolled during he Christmas holidays.
d. Neighborhood Watch: Sandy Horazak reported that in December there was a foiled burglary on Spring Island Way; and vandalism in the 600 block of Spring Island Way but no activity since then.
e. Newsletter: Sandy Horazak reported that the deadline for the February issue is February 1, 2010, and that the lack of advertisers this year will restrict the number of pages.
8. Report of the Association Manager: The manager's report was accepted as written.
9. New Business:
a. Landscaping Proposal: Ron Wiley reported that DPC Landscaping agreed to provide 25 cubic yards of mulch and to warrant grass replacement in the event of over-fertilization. He has signed the revised contract with DPC landscaping and they will start on March 1, 2010.
b. Election of WLCA officers: Ron Wiley stated that he will represent Cypress Isles at the January 25th WLCA Annual Meeting.
c. WLCA document changes: The board of directors agreed with Ron Wiley to: vote "YES" on proposed changes to architectural guidelines in Articles 8 and 9; and vote "NO" on the proposed addition of Section 17 to Article 6 authorizing a Capital Improvement Fee on the title transfer of homes.
8. Holiday Lighting contest: Dennis Horazak announced the winners of the December 13, 2009 Holiday lighting contest. First Place was awarded to the Janoske family, 505 Spring Island Way, Second Place was awarded to the Garcia family at 818 Spring Island Way, and Third Place was awarded to the Bowman family of 933 Spring Island Way. Ron Wiley signed the award certificates to be distributed to the winners.
Adjournment -John Tenney moved for adjournment, Cookie Symons seconded the motion, and the meeting was adjourned at 8: 01 P.M.
Submitted by: _________________________ Approved by: __________________