· Board members: Myron Davis, Larry Sheeler, Bill Snook, Cookie Symons and Jean Thomsin.
· Also in attendance, Tom Tempfer of Penn First Management, Inc.
· Since Steve Hartman our interim President was not present Sandy Horazak made a motion that Larry Sheeler chair this 'members' meeting. Motion seconded by Cookie Symons. All in favor.
Call to order
· Larry called the meeting to order at 7:07 P.M. (after reaching a quorum of at least 42)
· Quorum certified: 18 Homeowners + 26 Proxies = 44 (30% of 140 = 42).
Proof of notice of meeting
· Proof of notice presented.
Approval of minutes of previous annual meeting
· Minutes of previous annual meeting of May 8, 2001 accepted as written.
· Myron Davis gave Financial Report for 2002 through April 16th. A homeowner asked for clarification of $700 entries both for Mulch and Audit - Review expense. These entries appeared to be over budget. It was explained that both where well within the yearly budget. The Financial Report was accepted as written.
Election of Directors
· Four candidates for the 7 board positions had submitted a "Candidate Information Sheet": Sonya Barsness, T. Allen Huck, Ron D. Wiley, and Larry Sheeler.
· One candidate for a position in the Architectural Review Committee (ARC): Edward F. Magnell.
· From the present board the following were nominated as candidates as well:
· Jean Thomsin nominated Cookie Symons.
· Bill Snook nominated Myron Davis.
· Dennis Horazak nominated Jean Thomsin.
· Cookie Symons nominated Chip Crane.
· Myron Davis nominated Steve Hartman.
· Chip Crane nominated Bill Snook.
· Motion to close nominations by Jean Thomsin. Seconded by Cookie Symons. All in favor.
· All of the 9 candidates made short presentations.
· Larry Sheeler specifically mentioned that he and his wife Claire are the owners of Penn First Management, Inc. Penn First Management is the Community Association Management Company for Cypress Isles and several other Waterford Lakes sub-divisions.
· All homeowners present were asked to select 7 out of the 9 candidates on their list.
· Two homeowners Vic Reyes and Edward Magnell volunteered to count the votes. They were assisted in the vote counting by Tom Tempfer of Penn First Management, who is not a Cypress Isles homeowner.
· The following 7 candidates were voted in as the Cypress Isles Board of Directors:
Sonya Barsness, Chip Crane, Myron Davis, Steve Hartman, Larry Sheeler, Cookie Symons, and Jean Thomsin.
· Entrance lights: Larry Sheeler explained that all preparations are made and (sub-) contractors are ready to go. What is holding it up is the changing requirements of Orange County before they issue the permit. Larry is trying to avoid an extra cost of 2 x $1,300 for additional engineering plans.
· Street lights on Crystal River Drive: Larry Sheeler mentioned that the lights are OK'd and will be installed soon.
· Drainage problem on Spring Island Way: Dennis Bode mentioned that he was in contact with Howard Russell an engineer with Orange County. Howard will come and look at the situation in the next couple of weeks. Maybe some solution will come out of that. Larry Sheeler mentioned that the Master Association is working the problem as well, but things are going very slowly.
· Green area behind the lots on Spring Island Way: Allen Huck mentioned that the 'Pine beetles' are killing a number of pine trees in the conservation area. The trees pose a potential safety risk when they fall. Larry Sheeler mentioned that Orange County does not permit any alteration to the preservation areas without their permission. He asked Allen to send an email to Penn First detailing this problem. Penn First will take it up with the Master association and/or Orange County.
· Adelphia Orange-White poles: A homeowner mentioned that he talked to Jim Evans of Adelphia about the pole in his yard. Jim Evans said that Adelphia's plans have changed since these poles were inserted in several of the homeowners' yards. The poles are empty, will not be used in the future and can be removed by the homeowners.
· Police patrolling Cypress Isles: Edward Magnell asked if the police could be asked to patrol at different hours when teenagers are speeding through the neighborhood. Larry Sheeler mentioned that the police patrols at randomly chosen hours, depending of the deputy's schedule. He advised to call the Sheriff's Office any time speeding is noticed even without having a TAG number of the speeding car. Depending on the number of similar calls from a neighborhood the Sheriff's Office will follow up and take action.
· Motion to adjourn made by Cookie Symons. Seconded by Larry Sheeler. Meeting adjourned at 7:35 p.m.
Submitted by: Approved by:
Secretary of the Board
Board of Directors
Meeting called to order at 7:40 pm to elect officers for the Association.
· Motion by Chip Crane, seconded by Cookie Symons nominating Larry Sheeler, President. Motion to close nominations by Chip Crane, seconded by Sonya Barsness. All in favor.
· Motion by Larry Sheeler, seconded by Cookie Symons nominating Steve Hartman, Vice-President. Motion to close nominations by Sonya Barsness, seconded by Cookie Symons. All in favor.
· Motion by Cookie Symons, seconded by Myron Davis nominating Jean Thomsin, Secretary. Motion to close nominations by Sonya Barsness, seconded by Larry Sheeler. All in favor.
· Motion by Larry Sheeler, seconded by Cookie Symons nominating Myron Davis, Treasurer. Motion to close nominations by Chip Crane, seconded by Sonya Barsness. All in favor.
· Larry Sheeler nominated Chip Crane to chair ARB committee. Seconded by Myron Davis. All in favor.
· Larry Sheeler nominated Edward Magnell as a member of the ARB committee. Seconded by Cookie Symons. All in favor.
· The ARB Committee is made up of the following members: Chip Crane, Edward Magnell and Cookie Symons. The committee tours the neighborhood on the last Tuesday morning of each month.
· The Neighborhood Watch Committee is made up of the following members. Myron Davis and Cookie Symons.
· Signing checks for the Cypress Isles Board: Myron Davis, Cookie Symons and Jean Thomsin.
· The Newsletter committee is made up of Sandy and Dennis Horazak.
· The Cypress Isles website is maintained by Dennis Bode.
· Larry Sheeler mentioned that he will conduct the board meetings in a business like fashion with the goal of finishing the meetings in 1 hour.
· It was suggested to try involving the not elected candidates Allen Huck and Ron Wiley as much as possible in the board and committee activities.
· Motion to adjourn by Sonya Barsness. Seconded by Chip Crane. All in favor. Meeting adjourned at 8:00 P.M.
Submitted by: Approved by:
Secretary of the Board
Board of Directors